Are you frustrated by the amount of littering in your local area?
Do you want a role outdoors?
Would you like to work alongside Waltham Forest Council in tackling Environmental Crime?
Are you looking at a career in Enforcement or a role where you can learn about environmental legislation?
If so, we want you to join our team of Environmental Enforcement Officers who have a positive influence on the environment, as well as the look and feel of your local City centre.
3GS will provide you a unique opportunity to join a close-knit team where you will be trained to deliver a professional service on behalf of the local council. This opportunity offers you a full time, permanent role, with on-the-job training, coaching and support from our specialists and senior team members.
These roles involve patrolling streets and public places enforcing environmental legislation and issuing fixed penalty notices in and around Waltham Forest City Centre. You will be interacting directly with offenders as well as educating members of the public.
No two days will be the same but some of the activities you will also take part in include:
- Preparing and submitting witness statements
- Attending court to give evidence
- Operating and uploading body camera footage
- Carrying out ID and address checks with Head Office
- Defusing difficult situations
In return for your commitment to a quality service and your drive for success, we will:
- Encourage you to complete studies for personal growth, such as GCSEs, or undertaking ESOL studies
- Support you to further your career into more senior roles within the business, or
- Assist you develop your talents into careers further afield by sponsoring you to complete qualifications to advance your career prospects.
We will help you take your first step onto the career ladder and assist you in securing your next role. In return, you will be required to commit to your role and be the best version of yourself.
- Good observational and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for report writing and speaking with members of the public.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and on your own or as part of the team
- Capable of being on your feet and walking for long periods and in varying weather patterns
3GS specialise in the provision of environmental enforcement services, using up to date technology to deliver the most effective solutions to combat environmental crime. If this role looks interesting and you are someone who is able to deal professionally and diplomatically with people from all backgrounds then we need you on our team. Apply now!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all members of the community. All applications will be considered on the basis of objective criteria, such as qualifications, experience and ability to do the job.
The standard working rota is
40 hours per week, 5 shift per week over 7 days (weekend/bank holiday) rota basis determined locally. You may occasionally be required to work weekends and bank holidays.
28 days holiday per year – increasing each year of employment
Enforcement – Environmental - Crime – Security – Patrolling - Competitive Salary – Career Progression – Outdoors - Patrol – Reward – Council